DISCLAIMER: I've said a couple times that I started a blog mainly so that I would be better at keeping a journal. I'm sorry for the lack of fun family facts and pictures (I do have alot of those that I need to put on here...I will hopefully do that soon). Alot of what I put on here are thoughts that I have and things that I hope will help me to be a better person. Take what you want from it, and have an awesome day!
So I was looking at my friends blog today and she had a post titled "Exhausted." It reads "I'm Exhausted."
I completely understand! I've felt completely exhausted and overwhelmed lately. Sometimes I feel like I would be completely fine if I stayed in bed all day! (Not such a good thing...)
I learned an awesome thing. I was talking with my young women while driving them home one night after mutual. That night we made a goal for all the young women to read the BOM by Young Women in Excellence. It seems a little daunting, because that is only 3 months away and school just started, and they have to do stuff at home, and sports are picking up and finishing the BOM by then means like 3 whole chapters a day, and ...
Anyway, one of the girls was complaining about how much harder 9th grade is than 8th grade and we were talking about the goal. So I said to her "I promise that if you make time to read the BOM everyday that school will go much smoother."
That got me thinking about my own priorities and the way I'm living my life. You know that object lesson where you have a whole bunch of rocks and a whole bunch of sand and a jar and the only way the rocks and sand fit is if you put the rocks in first? Then you learn that the rocks are the big priorities and the sand are the little things... I decided that I need to figure out my priorities, then I think I will feel better about the way I am living my life.
So, after talking with my young women, this is what I've decided: if I put spiritual things and my family first, then Heavenly Father will bless me and help me through everyday's trials (like today when Jaylee falls of my bed head first and gets a giant goose egg and cries for 10 minutes I can feel really bad that I let her fall, but instead of sulking in how stupid I was, I can learn that I need to be more careful.) To help me keep my priorities in line, I am going to make daily goals, things that I will do every day strengthen myself spiritually. A goal isn't a goal until you write it down, right? So, here's a shot at it:
DAILY GOALS
- Pray sincerely morning and night.
- Read scriptures and learn something from them ... I should write something in my journal everyday about what I read that day or mark it in my scriptures and make a note of it.
- Clean my kitchen before I go to bed (doesn't it always feel great to have a clean kitchen??) :)
- Think good thoughts! I need to not think mean things about other people ... Also, I have a tendency to analyze every little thing that people close to me are doing (and the closest is Jordan). I always think that they are mad at me or that they think something about me and that makes me in a bad mood. I can't do that. I told my mom the other day that the only person that we can change is ourselves. I need to have a better attitude. I was thinking about that. If someone does something that I don't particularly like, I need to change my own attitude. If I do this I think that I will start to think of how I can help the other person. Isn't charity the pure love of Christ? I need to work on that one.
WEEKLY GOALS
- Have FHE with a lesson (and a treat!) :)
- Write in my Journal.
- Go on a date.
MONTHLY GOALS
- Go to the Temple

No comments:
Post a Comment